Phishing, spoofing, malware, spyware, clickjacking, and spamming are common things in the email box and the entire web and phone calls where the attackers try to gain illegitimate advantages from the weakened security systems or protection or diverting the concentration of a website/blog owner through sending unknown email from own domain that of course doubt you, about:
Can domain email be spoofed? Why am I getting spam emails from my own domain?
Here is the ultimate QAS and the technical solution to Protect against spoofing & phishing in the email box the best practices are:
- Add a brand logo to outgoing email with BIMI.
- Add a BIMI TXT record to your domain provider.
- Turn on DKIM for your domain.
- Add Verified Mark Certificate (VMC).
- Add your DMARC record.
- Add your SPF record to your domain provider.
- Activating DNS filtering to verify the legitimacy of the email sender.
Here is the non-technical solution to secure the email box the best practices are:
- Avoid clicking and responding to the unknown sender's email.
- Mute or block the sender in the email system.
- Unsubscribe from an unknown email source.
- Report and mark as spam any unknown and suspicious email.
Protect against spoofing & phishing, and help prevent messages from being marked as spam emails following the above recommendations.
"Information security for email If weakened, marketing effort and reputation can be demolished in a few moments also, due to unethical uses of a domain email by someone else outside of your organization may increase the domain spam score and that so you may get penalty and SERPs droop permanently and even you may lose your domain access. -Momenul Ahmad
All the terms are technical and commonly relevant to DNS, so if you don't have any technical knowledge to handle these best practices to protect against spoofing and phishing in email, never do that rather, it’s better to hire IT Experts (web security/cyber security professionals) other then it may harm enough.
Recommended read, Find the Email sender's accurate location by email ID, MTA-STS.